Global Cannect was founded to unite and cannect businesses and professionals across the global cannabis community. While the cannabis consulting market is already becoming oversaturated in parts of the U.S., there is a dire need for innovative and strategic business solutions in the global cannabis market.
Global Cannect serves the rapidly developing global cannabis industry by providing end-to-end consulting and product solutions for the medical, recreational, and low-THC regulated cannabis markets internationally. We cannect individuals and brands through our global education and networking platforms, while our industry specific advisory services are built to meet the needs of new and emerging companies in regulated cannabis markets across the globe. With a wealth of experience advising companies in heavily regulated markets, our services span all phases of operations from licensing and construction to cultivation, processing and dispensing. With a growing portfolio of branded products and affiliates Global Cannect offers a unique opportunity for domestic and local cannabis entrepreneurs to make a global impact.
Global Cannect works with clients to provide creative solutions from the initial planning phases to future development strategies. Global Cannect focuses on three primary components to offer a full range of business services through the Global Cannect Platform.
October 31, 2017
Rejected $10,000 in Funding
November 28, 2017
Cash Flow Positive!
Purchased 115+ Cannabis Domains
Attended Spannabis Barcelona and Cannabis Cup Barcelona 2018 Judge
35,000+ Followers across Accounts
MJBizCon NEXT - New Orleans
CJ & John Quit Full-Time Jobs as Senior Consultants
MJBizCon INT'L- Toronto
Global Cannect World Expo
- Lack of knowledge from market players on the impact of global import/ export laws and how to penetrate foreign markets
- Need for consistent knowledge and education within all areas of the global cannabis industry (Growing, cultivating, extraction, etc.)
- Absence of professional, customized investment resources for international cannabis markets and absence of professional customized investment resources
- Lack of resources to operate on an international scale
- Need for a concise, up-to-date knowledge base on the ever changing state of global cannabis laws and regulations
- Companies operating in the cannabis industry often lack the professional and legal skills necessary for growth
- Established companies in other markets lack knowledge of local business and cannabis culture
- Cannabis expos are often to costly for emerging companies or qualified individuals to afford and most do not operate on a global scale
- Provide consulting services to companies looking to scale to new international markets with key insights on global distribution
- Develop a global education platform tailored to fit the needs of a vertically integrated cannabis company
- Develop relationships with the key industry leaders to cannect companies through engaging real-world opportunities and form collaborative, strategic partnerships
- Identify cutting edge, and emerging cannabis companies and provide professional targeted due diligence and market scan industry reports
- Provide a one-stop shop for all legal and regulatory issues affecting the global cannabis market
- Work strategically to ensure any and all necessary operational licenses for clients
- Provide tailored networking events to cannect cannabis entrepreneurs and offer data, insight, and resources pertaining to specific sectors in a collaborative environment
CJ MeyerFounder & CEO
A serial entrepreneur, who has worked in the legal cannabis industry since 2014 where he got his start with Activ Snax. CJ has extensive background building and creating brands in the cannabis market. CJ has worked in the corporate industry as a Senior Management Consultant: Data Analytics and Business Intelligence at KPMG where he was promoted after 2 years for his work on the development of a business intelligence platform.
John HarkinsCo-Founder & COO
A Problem solver and project manager, who has established a multifaceted background through a variety of professional work experiences. John has experience in both the public and private sector working in both local and federal government, as well as with international corporations through experience with GlaxoSmithKline, Vanguard, and currently as a Systems Integration Consultant at Accenture. While attending Drexel University, John managed the Financials Sector of a $1.5 Million student-lead investment fund and pioneered an international consulting course that was contracted by a Chateau in France. The team connected the Chateau to local businesses through a custom website and successfully expanded distribution to the US through Colorado and Pennsylvania.
Sarah GerstenCCO & CSO
A graduate of Harvard Law School, Sarah began her legal career in the heavily regulated securities industry. As a BigLaw associate, Sarah represented public and private companies in initial and secondary public offerings, formation, operation, venture financing and general corporate matters. With a background in intellectual property, Sarah advises companies on all aspects of brand management and has extensive knowledge of state, federal and international data protection and consumer privacy laws. She also has extensive experience working in regulation and policy as an attorney-advisor for a congressional agency with regulatory authority.
Shara GibsonCDO & Senior Program Manager
Shara Gibson is the founder of CaniVentures, a business development firm specializing in emerging and high growth markets. Her experience includes serving as a resource connector for businesses seeking new contracting opportunities, facilitating business workshops and trainings, structuring strategic partnerships, and developing outreach strategies for small and minority owned firms. Shara has also managed projects focused on assisting businesses with navigating local government contracting and resources. Through her work Shara has reached an audience of over 3,000 entrepreneurs throughout the Washington Metropolitan area. Her first CEO Leadership training program resulted in participants achieving a collective of $14.2 million in new contracts. Shara has over seven years of sales and marketing experience, having worked for two of the largest global consumer marketing companies. She has also taken her skills aboard, serving as a consultant on international business development projects in Shanghai, China and Rio De Janiro, Brazil.
Daniel AyalaChief Technology Officer
Daniel brings 10+ years of Sales and Digital Transformation Services to the table and is a creative genius in business strategy. He has developed over 5 websites in the past 3 months to support this mission, which included implementing an fully functional e-commerce events ticketing website. Daniel has been instrumental to the team's success, bolstered by his years of experience optimizing UI and UX for his own digital marketing company that has built successful platforms for several companies.